100% lingonberries (vaccinium vitis-idaea) – no sugar, no additives, no badness
- handpicked, wild berries from unpolluted finnish forests
- the fat & free radical fighter
- highly concentrated, equal to approximately 900g of fresh lingonberries
- rich in vitamins E and K and minerals copper and manganese. gram for gram contains more vitamins and minerals than fresh berries
- powerful antioxidant with high levels of flavonoids and carotene
- contains at least 5% proanthocyanidins, also antioxidants that are thought to be free radical scavengers (readily bonding with free radicals, thereby limiting their interactions with healthy cells)
- naturally high in fibre
you may not be familiar with lingonberries unless you have grown up in the nordic countries or have taken a much needed break from furniture shopping in an Ikea restaurant.
lingonberry is a tangy, wild super berry well known in the nordic countries where it has been recommended for patients well before modern medicine recognised its effect on diabetes, high blood pressure and inflammatory concerns. good news for today, lingonberry may help counter the effects of a high-fat diet – it reduces blood sugar levels and contain polyphenols for fat burning. it is also packed with vitamins providing exceptional amounts of vitamins E and K, minerals and dietary fibre. lingonberry is rich in many different types of polyphenols, the potential health properties of which are being researched intensively. it also contains lignans, proanthocyanidins and resveratrol. the amount of heart friendly resveratrol in lingonberries is similar to that found in dark grapes (think red wine or dark grape juice).
lingonberries have high content of antioxidants that work to fight against the effects of harmful free radicals in the body including premature ageing, damage to healthy cells, elevated blood pressure and infertility. similar to cranberries, lingonberries help to reduce the risk of urinary tract infections, a particularly common nuisance among women.
the healthy wisdom of our nordic super berries has been passed down the generations in finland and has been backed with several scientific studies. as much as we love to go on about our berries, we’re not nutritionists or medical experts. we don’t ‘berry’ pick our evidence – all the information can be found from publicly available sources. but each berry lover is different. if you suffer from any medical conditions or would like more specific advice on how to improve your diet, you should consult a doctor or a dietician.
100g powder equals on average 900g of fresh lingonberries
energy 379 kcal / 1603 kJ
|nutritional content||per 100g*|
|of which sugars||29.5g|
|– sucrose||< 1g|
*nutritional information is formed from average analysis results.
vitamins and antioxidants
|vitamins and trace elements||per 100g|
|vitamin A||< 21µg|
|vitamin C||< 5mg|
the antioxidant values of foods are expressed in ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) units, µmol TE/100g, a unit of measurement for antioxidants developed by the National Institute on Aging in the National Institutes of Health (NIH). ORAC is a method of measuring a food’s ability to help destroy free radicals before they cause damage to the body. these free radical scavengers are referred to as antioxidants. the higher the score, the better that food can destroy free radicals which may help to slow the ageing process and prevent diseases including cancer.
ORAC value 38000 ± 8000µmol TE / 100g
proanthocyanidins are very strong antioxidants and studies have shown that they can act as anti-cancer and anti-allergic agents and that they improve heart health.
minimum 5000mg / 100 g
- colour: bright red
- storage: 15-20°C dry place and protected from light
- shelf life: 24 months from manufacturing date (properly stored)
- not suitable for homefreezing.
- not containing GMO or GMO-derived components. not produced by using GMO-based technology
- suitable for Halal products
- suitable for Kosher products