an antioxidant powerhouse, 3 times the antioxidants of goji berry!
- handpicked, wild berries from unpolluted finnish forests
- bilberries (vaccinium myrtillus) with no added sugar
- highly concentrated dried berries, equal to approximately 900g of fresh bilberries
- rich in vitamins E and K and minerals copper and manganese. gram for gram contains more vitamins and minerals than fresh berries
- powerful antioxidant with high levels of flavonoids and carotene
- naturally high in fibre
- an excellent addition to any meal; smoothie, yoghurt or salad
these dark blue, dried berries with a fresh bilberry taste are a real antioxidant powerhouse thanks to the anthocyanins, pigments that give berries their rich colour. bilberry, in fact, is one of the richest natural sources of anthocyanins. in addition to acting as antioxidants and fighting free radicals (that are linked to ageing and diseases), anthocyanins are believed to have anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits.
the anthocyanins in bilberry may also strengthen the walls of blood vessels (it can help treat varicose veins and haemorrhoids), reduce inflammation and stabilise tissues containing collagen, such as cartilage, tendons and ligaments.
fun fact: during the world war II, british royal air force pilots reportedly found that eating bilberry jam just before a mission improved their night vision which prompted researchers to investigate bilberry’s properties.
the healthy wisdom of our nordic super berries has been passed down the generations in finland and has been backed with several scientific studies. as much as we love to go on about our berries, we’re not nutritionists or medical experts. we don’t ‘berry’ pick our evidence – all the information can be found from publicly available sources. but each berry lover is different. if you suffer from any medical conditions or would like more specific advice on how to improve your diet, you should consult a doctor or a dietician.
100g dried bilberries equals on average 900g of fresh bilberries
energy 367 kcal / 1559 kJ
|nutritional content||per 100g*|
|of which sugars||34g|
|– sucrose||< 1g|
*nutritional information is formed from average analysis results.
vitamins and antioxidants
|vitamins and trace elements||per 100g|
|vitamin K1||< 16µg|
|vitamin E||< 9.1mg|
anthocyanin pigments are responsible for the red, purple, and blue colours of many fruits and vegetables. getting your fill of anthocyanin-rich food may help boost your overall health by offering up an array of nutrients. it’s yet to be proven whether taking high concentrations of anthocyanins in supplement form can help treat or prevent any specific health condition.
our dried bilberries offer a high content of these anthocyanins (650 ± 100 mg to be precise).
the antioxidant values of foods are expressed in ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) units,µmol TE/100g, a unit of measurement for antioxidants developed by the National Institute on Aging in the National Institutes of Health (NIH). ORAC is a method of measuring a food’s ability to help destroy free radicals before they cause damage to the body. these free radical scavengers are referred to as antioxidants. the higher the score, the better that food can destroy free radicals which may help to slow the ageing process and prevent diseases including cancer.
27100 ± 4000 µmol TE/100g.
compared to the cultivated blueberry, bilberry’s ORAC value is over double.
- ingredients: bilberry, sugar (25%), sunflower oil
- colour: dark blue
- storage: 15-20°C dry place and protected from light
- shelf life: 12 months from manufacturing date (properly stored)
- not suitable for homefreezing.
- not containing GMO or GMO-derived components. not produced by using GMO-based technology
- suitable for Halal products
- suitable for Kosher products